This penetrometer is a simple, easy-to-use management tool that can help to increase yields and decrease costs. It is designed for an exact determination of soil density. In compressed soil, the absorption of water and nutrients by the plant is only possible to a limited extent.
A further consequence is the reduced air exchange in the soil and a reduction of N-minieralisation. Compacted soil also results in poor root and plant development. Because of the density, the roots cannot grow and loose their ability of transporting water and nutrients. That can reduce yields by up to 50%.
This simple, robust penetrometer measures the penetration resistance of soils. It is pressed vertically into the ground by using both handles. The penetration resistance appears on an analog display in psi on an easy-to-read colour display.
- Agriculture, e.g. determination of ploughing depth and horticulture, e.g. care of sport grounds and golf courses
- Soil science researches; advisers and consultants expertises
- Foundation expertises (determining loadbearing capacity)
- Probe: stainless steel probe with markings for soil depth
- Measuring range: 0 – 400 PSI
- Probe length: 750 mm
- Probe diameter: 12 mm
- Tip for firm soil: 13 mm
- Tip for loose soil: 19,5 mm
- Dimensions: 915 × 292 × 58 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
Delivery contents: Penetrometer, small tip and large tips for heavy and light ground.
Item-No.: 41010 – Penetrometer
Item-No.: 41011 – Tip, small 1/2”
Item-No.: 41012 – Tip, large 3/4”
Instruction manual as PDF file.