The handheld meter MST 5000 provides a fast and precise determination of the volumetric soil moisture and soil temperature and can be used for direct, selective measurements in all soils and substrates.
The measuring principle is based on the FDR (Frequent Domain Reflectometry) technology and enables an objective measurement, only negligibly influenced by other chemical soil parameters such as pH and salinity. With this measuring method, it is important to note that the same results can only be achieved under the same environmental conditions (soil density, penetration depth) of the sensor. We recommend therefore to make several measurements and calculate an average.
Easy handling, immediate and direct display of the measured values in vol % moisture, ° C temperature are the outstanding properties of the measuring system.
Areas of application:
- growing media, such as peat substrates, coconut fiber, bark substrates, mineral substrates (such as rock wool), etc.
- directly in containers, pots and grow bags. Ideal for indoor greenery
- outdoors in mineral soils, for example for irrigation control of agricultural areas, viticulture and hop cultivation
- open ground vegetables, asparagus, strawberries and berry fruits
- experimental procedures, such as drought stress experiments