PAR- or Quantum meter measures the total amount of light which can be used by plants for photosynthesis (= conversion of light energy to chemical energy).
PAR is more valuable than Lux or Foot-Candles as it measures only the light used by plants for photosynthesis. According to the light source, the calibration is selectable (electric / solar).
This handheld quantum meter provides accurate PAR
light readings from ANY
- Full sun to full shade indoors or outdoors.
- Artificial light sources (LED, High-Pressure Sodium, Metal Halide, Fluorescent, Halogen…).
Three modes of operation:
- Instant Spot Measurement mode for PAR light readings.
- Scan mode for quickly averaging PAR over an area.
- DLI mode shows Daily Light Integral on the LCD (no computer needed).
- Integral mounting plate for: stand, stake, lanyard & hanger hole, and magnet mounts.
- Small size allows light readings in tight spaces without needing an external sensor.
- ¼-20 threaded hole for mounting on camera tripods & stands.
- Includes sensor cover & soft carrying case