Determination of the required amount of nitrogen fertilizer is often a major challenge for the farmer. In most cases plants are fertilized with “normal service” amount of nitrogen depending on the development. However, this amount often does not correspond to the actual nitrogen requirement. For both the Nmobilization from the soil and the N-uptake, which depends on cultivating conditions and yield of crops, vary from year to year.
With the N-tester it is possible to make precise determinations of the N-demand directly in the plant stand during the vegetation stages of stem elongation and ear emergence.
Over-and under-supply of nitrogen can be avoided. The use of the N-tester is therefore recommended not only for economic but also for environmental reasons. In winter wheat, winter barley, winter rye and triticale the chlorophyll content is measured by handy device optically in the youngest fully developed leaf in the growing plant stand.
After 30 individual measurements carried out in the field, the result is displayed as a mean. As chlorophyll concentration reflects the nitrogen nutritional status of the plant, nitrogen fertilizer requirements can be concluded from measuring results.
- Direct output of fertilizer quantity
- All correction values for varieties integrated
- Input of field possible
- Output of data: storage, printing, export
- Application in other crops possible
- Size of the sample slot: 2 × 3 mm
- Maximum leaf thickness: 1.2 mm
- Maximum insertion depth (with depth stop): 12 mm
- Light source: 2 LED
- Receiver: silicon photo diode
- Batteries: 2 x AA, 1.5 V
- Service life of a battery: approx. 20,000 measurements
- Housing: class 4, EN 60529
- Weight: 200 g
Dimensions 164 × 78 × 49 mm